With over 20 years’ experience in the fields of Intellectual Property and litigation, Bahari built and headed a Legal 500 Tier 1 Intellectual Property, Technology, Media and Telecommunications team. Bahari also led his previous firm to debut on WTR 1000 as the Top IP Firm in Malaysia notwithstanding being a fresh entry, before joining Gan Partnership together with his teams.
Bahari is ranked a Legal 500 Leading Individual. Legal 500 described him as “undoubtedly very knowledgeable in his field of practice — his commitment, passion and enthusiasm are commendable”.
Chambers Asia Pacific who ranks Bahari as a Ranked Lawyer described him as “often engaged by leading global and domestic brands on trade mark infringement cases”, noted for his expertise in all types of IP litigation”, “particularly hands-on and very conversant with IP matters in Malaysia," and "customer-centric approach and adaptability to economic changes”.
Due to his humble, approachable but solution driven personality, he was awarded Commended External Counsel of the Year by In-House Community.
A natural-born litigator, Bahari brings with him years of litigation experience applied onto the field of Intellectual Property. Bahari and his teams advise on every aspect of Intellectual Property.
Among others, Bahari has been recognized by independent rankers and client testimonials as, inter alia:
- A well-respected figure in Malaysian IP circles, Yeow is an impressive litigator who is always available
- “Outstanding practice head Bahari Yeow’s expertise spans non contentious matters and IP disputes”
- “Explains complex matters in an easily understandable manner”
- "Is particularly hands-on and very conversant with IP matters in Malaysia,"
- "customer-centric approach and adaptability to economic changes."
- “The intellectual property team headed by Bahari Yeow is just great! They are able to provide clients with sound advice/opinions which are not only based on the law but are relevant and adaptable to the business I am in.”
- “Bahari and Jian are friendly, approachable, experienced and knowledgeable in the field of practice.”
- “Bahari Yeow and Jian are attentive to details and will take the time to go through and ensure that the clients understand the issues, risks and mitigation solutions available. They have a very practical outlook in their views which is relatable to in-house legal solutions.”
- ‘We have nothing but amazing reviews for Bahari Yeow.‘
- “first rate”
- “Bahari is a thorough, detailed and dedicated lawyer. His characteristics speak volumes too, he is always keen to engage with clients, well mannered, friendly and approachable.
- “Their teamwork is excellent. They have a stable and quality structured management system with a pool of experienced personnel. They have always been responsive and revert promptly with direct and no-nonsense, commercially conscious advice.”
- “Amazing work quality aside… extra careful around situations of potential conflict of interest.”
- “ability in capturing and distilling complex technical notions into plain language makes it easy for clients’ easy comprehension and decision-making”
- “resourceful, eﬃcient, accommodating, committed and solution-driven”
Bahari has been invited to speak at numerous events including talks, lectures and discussions organized by Lawasia IP, the International Malaysian Law Conference, Legal 500, Malaysian Intellectual Property Association, Asian International Arbitration Center, Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs, University Malaya, the Malaysian Bar and State Bars.
Bahari is a qualified patent, trade mark and industrial design agent. He also sits as a Panellist at the Asian International Arbitration Centre (Domain Name Dispute Resolution). He currently serves as a member of the Group Standing Committee for Copyright (2015-2018) of the Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA) Malaysia.
Bahari has authored/ co-authored various publications including:
● Trade Marks Act chapter of the Malaysian Civil Procedure (Sweet & Maxwell, 2013)
● Trade Marks Act chapter of the Malaysian Civil Procedure (Sweet & Maxwell, 2015)
● Trade Marks Act chapter of the Malaysian Civil Procedure (Sweet & Maxwell, 2018)
● Intellectual Property, Global Comparative Guide (the Legal 500 Series, 2017)
● Intellectual Property in the Malaysian Precedents and Forms (LexisNexis)
● Media, Advertising, and Entertainment Law Throughout the World (Multilaw, 2018)
● Expert Guide — Intellectual Property (2018)
● Trademark Navigator (Lexology, 2019)
● Copyright Q&A (Chambers, 2019)
● Patent Litigation Guide (Chambers, 2019)
● Copyright Guide (Chambers, 2019)
● Trademark Guide (Chambers, 2019)
● The In-House Lawyer (Legal 500)
● Corporate Disputes Magazine - Trademark (Financier Worldwide, 2019)
● Trademarks 2020 Law and Practice in Malaysia
● Copyright 2020 Law and Practice in Malaysia
● Patent Litigation 2020 Law and Practice in Malaysia